Friday, July 16, 2021

Skateboarding and Growing Up 

It's 3:44 AM, I'm drowning in paperwork and school stuff. I'm typing this as my de-stress and relax moment of the day.

Earlier when I got home from work, I took my little brother to get burritos from this 24hr Mexican place. We then got home and as usual went on YouTube to search for the finest entertainment to enjoy our wrapped artery busters.

Looking through my video recommendations, I came across some skateboarding videos that I used to watched back then. Skateboarding was everything to me in high school and middle school. It was my release, my only way to feel alive.

I sucked at socializing, I sucked in academics, I sucked at everything really. I felt like I didn't belong anywhere, but with skateboarding, there wasn't any discrimination at all. I was so fascinated in filming and editing it. I tried the best I could to replicate skate videos from the 90s/Early 2000s. It made my dad question my sanity when I dropped so much cash toward his old tape camcorder he used for home videos. That thing was my baby. I carried that thing and my skateboard at all times just in case I came across some dude street skating or to record things just for the sake of recording. Now all that stuff is just collecting dust and it makes me sad that time just isn't by my side for this part of my life to get back to filming.

So, yeah. My brother and I watched old skateboarding videos all night while eating burritos. It probably didn't mean that much to him, but to me, it meant the world. I hardly felt this feeling before, but to feel genuine happiness, I think things are going to be alright for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment