Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Beef Curry Udon 

On tonight's menu (I made this a few weeks back actually), beef curry udon!

This stuff slaps on cold weather days and will make you feel like a newly birthed baby Jesus as you slurp the noodles. I'm kidding, I suck at cooking so it wasn't that good, but here's the low-down about the dish.

So I started off by sautéing a dump truck load of onions, garlic and thin sliced beef. I then deglazed the pot with beef stock, mirin and sake. Later I had it reduced and thickened with S&B hot curry roux and a block of butter or two... or three. I then added soy sauce, worcestershire sauce and hear me the fuck out... instant coffee.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen... INSTANT COFFEE. Trust me dudes, trust.  

For individual servings, I had the portion of curry heated to a boil while I cracked an egg on the noodles. After awhile, I took the super hot curry and poured it over the egg and noodles.

Top it with some green onions and pickled ginger and enjoy.

Making and sharing food is everything to me. It's my way of saying I appreciate your existence, so now be my guinea pig and try it. WIth that in mind, I made some for my coworkers and they all turned out okay in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment